Search the Catalogue
About Your Library
“Our libraries require all the love and care we can give them, for libraries don’t just preserve the wisdom of the past; they contain the seeds of a better future.”
- Honourable Lois Hole
Airdrie Public Library is an accessible centre of information that enhances quality of life and provides opportunities through its inclusive services, programs, collections and spaces which support literacy, lifelong learning, leisure and cultural connections within the community.
Your Library is more than just books.
We have lots of those. Three million, in fact. We also have e-books, audiobooks, large-print books, DVDs, CDs, newspapers, magazines. Our collection encompasses atlases, business directories and indexes, government pamphlets and documents, and encyclopedias. Our e-database offers numerous resources, including a career centre with up-to-date college and university information, access to 2,200+ newspapers and magazines, free music downloads, language learning programs and do-it-yourself manuals.
We have programs and services for everyone – from preschool literacy to technology tutoring, from junior artists to author visits, from summer reading programs to English Language Learning.
It's all here – at your library!
Your library supports and adheres to the following:
- Canadian Library Association mission statement
- Canadian Library Association Statement on Intellectual Freedom
- Library Association Of Alberta Statement Of Intellectual Freedom
- Committee of the Book and Periodical Council Statement on Freedom of Expression and Freedom to Read
- American Library Association Freedom to Read Statement
- UNESCO Public Library Manifesto