FAQ for Artists
EXHIBITING ARTWORK ATHE AIRDRIE PUBLIC LIBRARY
- All exhibits may consist of one or more art forms or may follow a theme
- We won’t accept any artwork that is hateful in anyway. Acceptance and display of any work of art is at the discretion of the library and decisions are final.
- We aim to hold each exhibit for a minimum of eight (8) weeks. Dates will be agreed upon during the contract discussion.
- All artwork must be framed and/or wired and ready to hang. Sawtooth hangers cannot be used.
- Artists provide an inventory list form provided by the library. This list will be signed by both parties at time of install and take home.
- Art can be for sale however prices cannot be displayed with art. An accompanying price book with business cards can be left at the library for viewers to contact artists directly. See our Pressbooks Public Self-Publishing Platform, thanks to your library, you can now create, edit, format and generate print-ready books! https://marigold.pressbooks.pub/
- Exhibiting artists must have their own insurance. Airdrie Public Library will assume no liability for items exhibited in the library.
- Promotions of exhibits will be included as part of the library’s marketing but artists will retain copyright of their work. Images of the the artist’s work may be used for marketing of the artist’s exhibition. Photographs of the exhibition may be taken for library records and by the public as the library is a public space.
- Artist(s) are entitled to host one reception to gather family, friends and the public
If interested or to discuss further, please contact
Manager of Programming and Customer Engagement Airdrie Public Library
403-948-0600 ex. 8375